Re: lilypond-user faq, documentation, and small issues

From: Chris Sawer
Subject: Re: lilypond-user faq, documentation, and small issues
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:18:47 GMT

In message <address@hidden>
          "Todd M. Zimnoch" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Have you found http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ yet?
>
>       No, I hadn't, and I think it's quite interesting.  I hope I'll find
> enough copious free time to contribute to it.  For anyone that's
> interested, Edward Elgar died February 23rd, 1934, so his music will
> enter the public domain a week from Monday.

Actually, I don't think it will go out of copyright until 1 January 2005 (in
most countries), as I think the general rule is the end of the 70th year
after the author's death.

In addition, any works he published after 1922 (if he did!) will remain in
copyright in the USA for a number of years yet.

(just to clarify matters :-)

Chris

--
Chris Sawer   -   address@hidden   -   Mutopia team leader