Point-and-click in emacs won't jump to column

From: MC
Subject: Point-and-click in emacs won't jump to column
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:23:37 +0000 (GMT)

After a bit of a steep learning curve (getting to
grips with Linux, emacs and Lilypond all at once...)
I've almost got the point-and-click thing working in
emacs. If I click on a note in xdvik now, emacs
jumps
to the right line in the .ly file, but I can't seem to
get it jumping to the right column as well.

I've followed the instructions in the manual by
putting:

#(ly:set-point-and-click 'line-column)

at the top of the .ly file, and I've set XEDITOR to
emacsclient --no-wait +%l:%c %f

I'm using emacs version 21.3.1 and xdvik version
22.40y. The lilypond manual does mention that users of
emacs version 21.2 and earlier should apply the
server.el.patch. Should I also apply this patch, and
if so, where do I find it? (it doesn't seem to have
been installed anywhere when I installed lilypond)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mark
PS I'm blown away by the quality of lilypond output  -
my students all seem very happy not to be reading my
handwritten music any more :-)