Re: Easy way to define text marks?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Easy way to define text marks?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:50:49 -0700

Milan M. Horák wrote:

Wanting to add a "ritt." mark to a piece, I have encountered a problem. I have already done it in some piese earlier, but it was long ago and I am quite sure the ancient version of LilyPond I used printed this "ritt." in nice italics. Now, I get only a normal roman (and ugly) "ritt." and seem not to be able to find the right setting (context, engraver or what it is) to force italics (the italics used in the "cresc." mark, if possible).
Does somebody know the solution?

_\markup\italic\bold{ ritt. }

if you have a newer version with this markup code.

Paul Scott