Easy way to define text marks?

From: Milan M. Horák
Subject: Easy way to define text marks?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:41:07 -0100

Wanting to add a "ritt." mark to a piece, I have encountered a problem. I have
already done it in some piese earlier, but it was long ago and I am quite
sure the ancient version of LilyPond I used printed this "ritt." in nice
italics. Now, I get only a normal roman (and ugly) "ritt." and seem not to be
able to find the right setting (context, engraver or what it is) to force
italics (the italics used in the "cresc." mark, if possible).

Does somebody know the solution?

Regards
     Milan Horak