Re: How do I force a bar line?

From: Jim Sabatke
Subject: Re: How do I force a bar line?
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:37:37 -0500

Thanks! That partly worked. I had to change it to "\partial 64 s64" or I would get 2 huge empty bars at the start of line.

Problem: Now a single bar line is printed right before closing "||" and ":|" bar lines. Can I eliminate this?

Problem 2: The solution printed the bar beginning "||" lines before the time signature. Researching the web, I found the following:

\override Score.BreakAlignment #'break-align-orders = #(make-vector 3
             '(span-bar
               clef
               breathing-sign
               key
               time-signature
               staff-bar
               ))

This changes the order, but the clef and key signs are printed over each other. How do I get the key sign "after" the clef?

Thanks,

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
One trick is to start the piece with
\partial 16 s16 \bar "||"

  /Mats

Jim Sabatke wrote:

<snip>
QUESTION: How do I force a bar immediately after the time signature at the beginning of a piece? I've tried the following, and many other things, with no success:

\notes {
    \time 2/2
    \tieUp
    \stemDown
    \slurUp
    \key d \major
    \relative c'
    \transpose c c' {
        #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'length 6)
        #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'thickness 1.0)

===>>>  \bar "||" \noBreak
        \partial 64*12
<snip>

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.