How do I force a bar line?

From: Jim Sabatke
Subject: How do I force a bar line?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:45:43 -0500

I'm writing a converter for BMW (a windows bagpipe music program) to Lilypond conversion program. There are thousands of BMW files on the web, so it will be useful.

Pipers are very picky about how their music is printed, hence this and other questions I will be asking.

QUESTION: How do I force a bar immediately after the time signature at the beginning of a piece? I've tried the following, and many other things, with no success:

\notes {
    \time 2/2
    \tieUp
    \stemDown
    \slurUp
    \key d \major
    \relative c'
    \transpose c c' {
        #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'length 6)
        #(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'thickness 1.0)

===>>>  \bar "||" \noBreak
        \partial 64*12
        e'8 a'16
        \noBreak %% Line: 1 Bar: 1
        \dbhg g'4 a'8[ e'8] \dbhg g'4 \tg d'8[ e'8]  |
        \noBreak %% Line: 1 Bar: 2

TIA,

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.