Lilypond-book No Noteheads

From: Ted Sunhede Fulk
Subject: Lilypond-book No Noteheads
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:51:29 +0200

Hey everyone,

I had played with Lilypond a bit a few months ago (before work and kids demanded too much time). Now that it is summer, I want to create a manuscript for an English as a second language textbook (with American folksongs). So I decided to try Lilypond-book.

Lilypond works great and prints music beautifully. However, every time I try to do something in Lilypond-book, there are never any noteheads, clefs, key sigs, etc. in the finial PDF file --- only staff, bar and note lines.

My system setup is Mac OS X.3.4. I installed Lilypond 2.2 via Fink a few months ago. I wrote the file in TeXShop, switched to Terminal and typed:
lilypond-book --output=out\ filename.tex
cd out
latex filename
dvips -Ppdf -u +filename filename
ps2pdf filename.ps

If anyone has any ideas what is going on here, I would be very grateful.

Sincerely,
TS S. Fulk