Re: not-latin lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: not-latin lyrics
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:21:06 +0200

The steps described below are not relevant for the current versions
of LilyPond. However, they provided enough hints that I think I have
found a solution, see the following example. Note that I don't know
any russian, so I just copied a text from a web page.

\header{
  inputencoding="koi8-r"
  fontencoding="T2A"
}

\score{<<
  \context Voice = melody \notes \relative c'{
    c d e f g a b c}
  \lyricsto melody \new Lyrics \lyrics{
    Для поддержки русского языка в teTeX нужно
  }>>
\paper{
  \context{
    \LyricsContext
    \override LyricText #'font-name = #'"larm1000"

As you can see, the necessary steps are to define the
inputencoding and the fontencoding and to tell LilyPond
the name of the font file. The steps to find out the name of
the font file is just as described below (I don't understand
the problems mentioned about the larm* files though).

Note that you need LilyPond version 2.2.0 or newer for
this solution to work.

    /Mats