Update on my question re. lilypond-book.

From: Lyle Raymond
Subject: Update on my question re. lilypond-book.
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:37:14 -0500

Yesterday I posted a question regarding a problem I was having with
lilypond-book (see original text below).  I since discovered that the problem
lies in using pdflatex to render the output.  Is there a fix?

original message follows \--------------------------v

I'm working on a theory book for guitarists.  In the book, fretboard diagrams
are created by first importing a {picture} file, titled "open_fretboard.tex,"
then superimposing another picture containing x's, o's and whatnot on top of
it.  Thus, the structure of a fretboard diagram in chapter one is as follows:

book.tex
     ^---contains--->"\input{chapter1.tex}"
chapter1.tex
     ^---contains--->"\input{open_fretboard}.tex", then "\begin{picture}"

This works until I want to use lilypond's chord symbols.  I tried:
"\begin{lilypond}
        <chord stuff>
 \end{lilypond}"
...inside the {picture} in chapter1.tex, but "$lilypond-book book.tex" results
in an environment undefined error.  Where should the lilypond code go, and
upon what file do I run lilypond-book?

Lyle