Re: Lilypond on Mandrake 10.0

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Lilypond on Mandrake 10.0
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:08:51 +0200

Sarah Cordish writes:

> I uninstalled lilypond and reinstalled it along with guile and got it to run
> at least.  Now, how can I get .pdf and .midi output as well?  What do I need
> to install?  Or, is something else the matter?

The troubles you are seeing are all very strange.  How do you install software?

It seems that either your lilypond package has broken dependencies, or
the dependencies are ignored.

In 2004, if you install lilypond, everything it needs should also
installed automatically.  You should at least get warnings or errors
when you install lilypond that you are installing it in an unusable way.

Anyway, the log you sent says:

> 1: dvips: command not found

So you need the command dvips, which is probably in a tetex package,
probably called something like tetex-bin.

Jan.