Super duplex

From: Peter B. Steiger
Subject: Super duplex
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:56:12 -0600

Now that I have the perfect layout for my barbershop quartet, they're
complaining about using two pages rather than printing on the back.  My
printer is an old HP Officejet, no duplex options available.  I have
searched through Lilypond discussions and Google looking for an option
to print only the even-numbered pages and then flip the paper over to
print the odd-numbered pages, but I can't find anything.

I'm using LPRng.  I found a reference to "-o page-set=odd" but it didn't
like the -o parameter.  apsfilter recommends -C duplex, but that
requires sendmail so it can notify you when it's time to flip the
pages... and this is a single-user system without sendmail.  I'm almost
desperate enough to bring up each page in Gimp, save it as a separate
file, and print them that way, but I suspect I will lose the high
quality resolution if I do it that way.

Any suggestions?  I'm thinking a command-line option to lilypond itself
would be great!

-------
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY