Installation problem in Fedora core 2

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Installation problem in Fedora core 2
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:19:14 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> I just tried to install a fresh version lilypond 2.3.23 on Fedora core
> 2, but here's what I get after rpm -Uvh lilypond*
>
> Failed dependencies:
>         libstdc++.so.6 is needed by lilypond-2.3.23-1
>         libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3) is needed by lilypond-2.3.23-1
>         libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4) is needed by lilypond-2.3.23-1
>
> If I try to install libstdc++ with yum, I get
>
> libstdc++ is installed and is the latest version.
> No actions to take
>

> Any advice?

yes - these RPMS are compiled on my box over here, which has been
running FC3test2 for some time now.  I'll change the directories, but
probably the easiest way to get an RPM is to unpack the tarball, and
do

         rpmbuild -bb lilypond-x.y.z/make/out/lilypond.redhat

or have some patience until 2.4 is released and integrated into
PlanetCCRMA.