Re: Staff.VerticalExtent in lilypond 2.4.0?

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Staff.VerticalExtent in lilypond 2.4.0?
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:55:52 +1100

Dominik Baenninger wrote:

In earlier versions of lilypond (e.g. 2.2.6) I reduced the space between
the staffs with

\score {
   << \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-1 . 1 )
      \set Staff.VerticalExtent = #'(-1 . 1 )
      \hornOneNotes>>}

From the manual of 2.4.0 I learned that Staff.VerticalExtent does not
exist anymore. In which way can I reduce spaces between staffs? If I use

score {
   << \set Staff.minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-1 . 1 )
      \hornOneNotes>>}

As the manual says, then I can only increase but not decreas the space
between the staffs.

Has anyone an idea?

Dominik

I too have had this problem. Does anyone have any ideas how to reduce the space between staves? I have a piece where about five of the parts have a single orphan staff on page two, but this command doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help,

Cameron