Re: Difficulties with testing installation on a Mac

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Difficulties with testing installation on a Mac
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:02:45 -0500

Thanks for the help, Mathias and Christ, things are better, but I'm not home yet. see below.

On Nov 22, 2004, at 12:05 PM, Matthias Neeracher wrote:
That was the up-to-date version when your binary install of fink was bundled. It's fairly out of date, that's why you need selfupdate.

Ah, now I see how it works/ why it's not the latest...

Ah, it seems your earlier install was a binary install?

Yep, which is what the Fink installation instructions recommended for first timers...

Switching back to the stable tree and running "fink selfupdate-rsync" should work and give you a 2.4.x binary package to install.

Well, everything seems to be working fine now, but the version numbers I'm seeing don't look right... I installed the developer tools, and then tried going back to the stable tree and doing rsync then update all and it still shows as 2.2.x in the binary and source columns. I tried the unstable tree with rsync and got 2.4.x in the source, but still only 2.2.x in the binary (2.5.x for lilypond-unstable) I've still been using the Fink Controller app. (The Fink Commander suggested, but didn't require the developer tools to be installed)

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Paul

Music Notation Modernization Association
http://www.mnma.org