stanzas, refren advise

From: Rob V
Subject: stanzas, refren advise
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:03:55 -0500

Matevz,

The reason you have the extra white space between the staffs is because
lilypond is creating a space to hold the blank lyrics, that's why
\removeEmptyStaves doesn't remove them (they aren't empty, just blank).  I also
have the same problem when I create songs with a refrain.  I've decided to use
the \book feature to join several scores together to work around my problem.

\book {

\score {
% holds the notes and words for the verse
}

\score {
% holds the notes and words for the refrain
}

\paper {}

}

This way the number of lyric lines in the verse will not effect the spacing of
the refrain.  Also, each start of a refrain or verse in a new score will start
at the beginning of a new line.  Sometimes this is good or bad, depending on
the song.

I hope this helps you out.

Rob
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com