Re: report problems in installing on windows xp

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: report problems in installing on windows xp
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:09:53 +0100

Hi,

> I am following installing procedures at
> http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html#installing
>
> When I click test.ly, there is no test.log, but there
> is
> a test.txt showing the following.  Also acobe reader
> complains that can't find test.pdf
>
> Please let me know if I can take any step to correct
> this problem.  Thanks.
> HT Yeh
> I also attached the test.txt file.  Just notice that
> it's called test.log.  I am installing on a Dell note
> book running windows xp home edition.

As far as I can tell fro the strange error messages you get, you
probably saved the
test.ly file to your desktop as an RTF file, and not as a plain text file.

If you've copy/pasted it from the web site into a new document, please
make sure that
you save this as a text document.

After that, please try running Lilypond again.

Hope this helps!

Christ van Willegen