Creating space between each measure on a line?

From: Lance Hoffmeyer
Subject: Creating space between each measure on a line?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:13:47 -0600

Hello,

I am creating "segments" of music wherein each measure is a cluster of notes to
be repeated 3-6 times.  I am enclosing each measure in double bars and am
wondering
if there is a way to create a small space between each measure?

Normal
| a b c | b c d| c d e | e f g |

I want to create
         x3           x3           x3          x3
|| a b c ||  || b c d ||  || c d e ||  || e f g ||

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer

            The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people
               forget that certain other sets of psople are human
                                       -
                                 Aldous Huxley