beams on melisma

From: ludovic sardain
Subject: beams on melisma
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:14:15 +0100

Hello,

In older versions of Lilypond (before 2.0), the lyricsto command was different: melismas were detected by the slurs or ties, and the other notes were unbeamed.

Now, the function is the same, but all the notes are beamed. I want to know if there is a command to restore the previous way. I know that I can remove all beams and add manual beams on the melisma, but it's less convenient.

I like to have both slurs and beams to show the melismas.

Thank you

Ludovic