Re: Instrument_name_engraver

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Instrument_name_engraver
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:20:46 +0100

I couldn't repeat your problem. For example, in the following example,
both the brace and the name of the GrandStaff disappear even when
there's a single stave left in the GrandStaff, as well as when they
all are empty. At least that's what happens when I use version 2.4.4.

\version "2.4.0"
\score{
\relative c'' \new StaffGroup <<
\new GrandStaff <<
  \set GrandStaff.instrument = "Grand"
  \new Staff {c1 c c c \break R1*8 }
  \new Staff {c1 c c c \break R1*4 \break c1 c c c}

\new Staff {\repeat unfold 12 c1}

\layout{
  \context{\RemoveEmptyStaffContext}
  \context{
    \GrandStaff
    \consists "Instrument_name_engraver"

   /Mats

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem with 'Instrument_name_engraver'. I'm using Grandstaff names
and \RemoveEmptyStaffContext. However, the Grandstaff names won't disapear when
none of the Grandstaff bars is visible.

Is there a way around this?

I'm using version 2.4.2

Thanks,