Re: getting Lily/mftrace on MacOSX

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: getting Lily/mftrace on MacOSX
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:33:48 -0800

On Mar 9, 2005, at 13:32, Matthias Kilian wrote:

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 12:23:03PM -0800, David Rogers wrote:
`fink install lilypond-devel' fails, for mftrace
depends on tetex-dev (avaliable version: 2.0.2), which conflicts with
libkpathsea4 (3.0).
[...]

I've similar problems.

2. To accomplish the same thing manually, edit /sw/etc/fink.conf so
that "unstable/main" is included in the "Trees:" line.

| $ grep Trees: /sw/etc/fink.conf
| Trees: local/main stable/main stable/crypto unstable/main
| $ fink install lilypond
| Information about 4521 packages read in 2 seconds.
|
| fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency.
| The
| candidates:
|
| (1)      tetex-dev: Developer files for a teTeX installation
| (2)      ptex-dev: Developer files for a pTeX installation
| (3) system-tetex: Placeholder package for manually installed teTeX

After editing the conf file, did you run "fink selfupdate"?

I have mftrace 1.1.1-1 installed here, and no tetex-dev appears to have been required. (I show tetex-dev at only version 2.0.2 as well, but on my machine it isn't installed.)

David