Lyrics and Clefs in Cues for Horns

From: J. Daniel Ashton
Subject: Lyrics and Clefs in Cues for Horns
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:53:50 -0500

Hello all,

I'm typesetting horn parts to an oratorio.

(Pre-question: is there a mode where the key signature is not shown, but
all accidentals are printed?  This seems to be the common way to write
horn parts, but I don't see how to do it in Lilypond except to
manipulate the key signatures myself.)

Near the very end of a movement, I want to set lyrics to choral
(soprano?) cues for two measures.  The horn part is shown on two staves
(1st horn, 2nd horn) and I want the cues in the top staff, with the
lyrics between the staves.  Is there a way to "drop this in"?  Or does
it (a lyrics context?) have to be set up at the beginning of the movement?

When I show cues for instruments in a different transposition, it seems
appropriate to show the clef before and after the cues to indicate the
change of  "key," even though it's the same clef the horns use.  Is
there a way to force the clef to be displayed, even though its "the same"?

Much thanks,

Daniel

--
Daniel Ashton      PGP key available     http://Daniel.AshtonFam.org