Re: Lilypond and Latex on Windows

From: andrea valle
Subject: Re: Lilypond and Latex on Windows
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:04:40 +0200

Well, in order to avoid possible confusion, I'm not an expert at all.
On MacOSX I'm not able to see the dvi too, but the output on ps is ok for me. I also used dvipdf instead of dvips to convert directly to pdf the dvi. I made only very simple tests, but it worked.

But when I try to apply the same to my own files,
several latex errors occur; e.g. "play.sty not found"
or "text line vontains an invalid character".

Actually I discovered that I have two distributions of latex, one installed by the editor (TexShop) the other probably shipped with the OS. When I invoked via terminal the second was called, which is conisderably older and out of date than the other. I update class style by hand in this distro and solved the problem of having the class files.
It could be so also with your editor.

Best

-a-

So what
happens when I use latex in the Cygwin bash instead of
the latex button in winedit?

Best wishes,
Matthias

Andrea Valle