Re: Lilypond 2.6: problems with lilypond-pdfpc-helper

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.6: problems with lilypond-pdfpc-helper
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:13:32 +0000

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 10:15 +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Rachel Willmer writes:
>
> > But I'm confused! That documentation link refers to
> > lilypond-pdfpc-helper in the Mozilla/Firefox settings, but you say it's
> > no longer used. Does the documentation need to be updated?
> >
> > What should I set the Mozilla Firefox settings to?
>
> Oops, working on it.  I've changed it to

Ok, I was having trouble getting this to work, too.

> For Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox, this is done by adding following
> lines to the @address@hidden a typical unix system, this
> file exists or must be created in your home-directory as
> @file{.mozilla/firefox/default.trn/user.js} or
> @file{.firefox/default/xxxxxxxx.xxx/user.js},

I tried adding the above but got no joy.  When I would click on a note,
Firefox would start a new window and ask me about launching an external
application.  Emacs (my editor) never started up.

> see @uref
> http://@/www@/.mozilla@/.org@/support@/firefox@/edit#user,location}
> and
> http://@/www@/.mozilla@/.org@/support@/firefox@/edit#profile,profile}.}
>
> @example
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.textedit", "lilypond-invoke-editor");
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.warn-external.textedit", false);
> @end example

When I added, or rather changed, the textedit string above in Firefox
(by editing it in Firefox at the URL about:config) from "lilypond-pdfpc-
helper" to "lilypond-invoke-editor" it started to work....sort of; Now,
when I click on a note in the PDF I get a new Firefox window as well as
a new instance of emacs.

-David