Re: convert-ly problem

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: convert-ly problem
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:45:37 +0200

On Thursday 21 July 2005 17.42, Laura Conrad wrote:
> The attached lilypond file prints two verses if I run in in 2.0.1.
>
> If I run "convert-ly -f 2.0.1 tenor.ly >tenor-2.6.ly" and then run
> "lilypond tenor-2.6.ly", I get a lot of error messages like:
>
> tenor-2.6.ly:25:0: warning: junking event: `LyricEvent'
>
> Stay mer-  ry mates, proud Nep-  tune lowres,
>
> and only one verse is printed.

\addlyrics (2.0) is converted to \oldaddlyrics, which is strongly deprecated,
and pretty unsupported. It is known that it sometimes doesn't work.

There is no good automated way to convert from \oldaddlyrics to \lyricsto, so
I'm afraid you'll have to fix it manually.

--
Erik Sandberg
Maintainer of the Lilypond bug CVS archive,