Re: convert-ly problem

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: convert-ly problem
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:00:38 +0200

Laura Conrad wrote:
there must be a lot of stuff that nobody can compile  without major
manual labor.  At what point is this volume of stuff going to feed
into design decisions?
When either

1. the number of future (potential) users is smaller than the number of current users.

2. the current users start to pay me for better support of older versions.

>  Surely the lilypond developers want people to
> be able to transcribe something and still be able to use it a year or
> even 10 years from now?

At this point LilyPond Software Design (that's me) can't justify putting more work into convert-ly when it doesn't bring in any money.

You might want to try your luck with displayLilyMusic though. With that, it should be possible to read something with \oldaddlyrics and rearrange it for \lyricsto. You could even sponsor me for writing this code.