Re: title page for \book

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: title page for \book
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:00:12 -0700

On 30-Jul-05, at 1:25 PM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Do you have any particular reason to use \book{...}?
I don't have a running LilyPond available for the moment, but as
far as I recall, you should get exactly the same result even if you
remove the \book{...}.

As far as I know, if you have multiple toplevel music or markup
expressions, lilypond automatically makes them into a book.

Assuming that is correct, then I suppose that there's no particular
benefit to explicitly declaring
\book{
  \markup{}
  \score{}
  \score{}
}

instead of
\markup{}
\score{}
\score{}

... but then again, I can't see any disadvantage to explicitly declaring
\book.

Cheers,
- Graham