Re: songbook questions

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: songbook questions
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:41:47 +0200

Am 2005-07-29 um 00:47 schrieb Graham Percival:

I'd like to prepare some song sheets where the text of second and more verses is simply set in one or two columns below the staffs.
For one-column verses, simply use the \book command with \markup.  See
10.1.12 Multiple movements

Thank you.

I'd like to get a PDF or EPS of only staffs and related lyrics, without titling and whitespace, so that I can place the notes as graphics. How can I setup that?
If I understand correctly, just use hidden notes (advanced notation -> educational
use), and don't define any headers.

Ok, I wrote ambiguous. I meant:
How can I get an EPS or PDF cropped to the staffs (with notes, without unnecessary whitespace around)?

Further I'd like to use an other font for lyrics and chords (same font as in the rest of my publication). How must I setup that? Can I use MacOS X's system fonts or must I install fonts like for TeX?
Re-read the section on text and documentation for pango/ fontconfig. This is outside my area, but I'm pretty sure that you can set up pango/ fontconfig to use
OSX system fonts.

That would help to use system fonts.
But how can I use some (properly installed) font for the lyrics? (Sorry, I didn't find it in the docs!)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm