soundfonts for midi output?

From: Horace A. 'Kicker' Vallas
Subject: soundfonts for midi output?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:48:11 -0500

this is maybe a really dumb question but I don't do much with midi

I have also searched the docs and faqs and archives but see
nothing about using other soundfonts --- so, even if the answer is
"no" or "can't" at least this will get the question into the
archives :-)

- I have a lilypond (2.6.3) score for Classical guitar
- I've downloaded several soundfonts that I would like to try for
the midi generated by lilypond
- I set Staff.midiInstrument to "acoustic guitar (nylon)" in the
.ly file for

I use winamp to play midi's but can use winmediaplayer or
something else if required.

How can I use different soundfonts for the midi generated by   lily?

--
Horace                            ...once known as "Kicker" :-)
...drop by and chat if I'm online       http://www.hav.com/chat/

Thawte Web Of Trust Notary in SW Houston, Tx.
      http://www.hav.com/?content=/thawteWOTnotary.htm
What is a Vet? ... He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five
wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a
hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite
bravery near the 38th parallel. ...   - Unknown