Re: Displaying the first bar number

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Displaying the first bar number
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:36:22 +0200

Daniel Johnson wrote:
I'm starting to believe that barNumberVisibility is a red herring here,
and that deeper wizardry is required.  I'm trying to find my way around
the source code now, but any hints would be welcome.  I'm looking at
bar-number-engraver.cc but it has me stumped.

try this

{
  \bar ""
  \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #(lambda (number) #t)
  c4 c4 c c
}

bar numbers are only created when there are barlines.

(if you enjoyed this tip, please consider a donation)