Re: Repeats and rehearsal mark in drummode music

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Repeats and rehearsal mark in drummode music
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:54:06 +0200

Abbey Lincoln-GLMA001 wrote:

I just started using LilyPond to notate drumset music.  It's working
very well for me so far.  But I can't figure out how to do two things:
1. Put a rehearsal mark at the beginning of the first bar ("[A]"), and

Just add the \mark command before the first note!

 2. Put the bars between repeat symbols ("|:" and ":|")

Why not use the ordinary mechanism for repeats?

One example of the above is to rewrite your score block into

   \new DrumStaff <<
       \time 4/4
       \mark \default
       \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \repeat volta 2 \threeSingleF }
       \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \repeat volta 2 \bdSingleFHhFour }

  /Mats

Here some representative LilyPond code I'd like to be able to do these
things to:
\version "2.6.3"
    threeSingleF = \drummode {
        cymr16-> sn cymr <sn cymr>
        cymr16-> sn cymr <sn cymr>
        cymr16-> sn cymr <sn cymr>
        cymr16-> sn cymr <sn cymr>
    }
    bdSingleFHhFour = \drummode {
        <bd hhp>8 bd
        <bd hhp>8 bd
        <bd hhp>8 bd
        <bd hhp>8 bd
    }
    \new DrumStaff <<
        \time 4/4
        \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \threeSingleF \threeSingleF }
        \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \bdSingleFHhFour \bdSingleFHhFour }

Would you be able to give me the syntax for those two things? Thanks very much, Lincoln Abbey
Chicago, Illinois, USA

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems