quirky repeats

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: quirky repeats
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:34:58 +1000

I am using lilypond 2.7.10.
I'm trying to type set a repeat segment which has a structure like this.

music ||: music [ small music for 2nd & 3rd time only] music :||

I can cope with the repeats but how would I put the bracketted section in?
The brackets go over two staff as it's a piano score and the markup
indicates the 2nd & 3rd time. The bracketted section shares the bar with
a whole note.

Shelagh
                   /2nd &3rd\