Problems Running lilypond First Time

From: Michael Carroll
Subject: Problems Running lilypond First Time
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:34:46 +0000 (UTC)

I'm trying to run for the first time on a SuSE 9.0 Linux installation with
2.6.8:

(process:23846): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

** (process:23846): CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape: assertion
`PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

** ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
(glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...
Aborted

BTW:  I love your documentation, your design philosophy, your attitude, your
good karma!   Thank you very much for lilypond.  At last this looks like a
program that will let me compose music like I write software:  from the top
down!!!!