Re: switching to lilypond from finale

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: switching to lilypond from finale
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:04:18 +0100

Or you may find jEdit's LilyPondToolPlugin's Document Wizard useful (and familiar)

Bert

David Rogers wrote:

On 8-Dec-05, at 9:24 AM, Josué wrote:

Well, i think i should start making my new project and i
 will ask everything i want.Is funnier to learn
doing!

First of all:

Im starting to engrave a new piece, the template is:
- Alto Sax
- Marimba
- Big Drum
- Live electronics (printed as a piano staff)

How should i start every new project? Should i put first all the
 notes of every instrument and then do
the other things?

In my experience, the other way is easier. Look through the templates in the documentation for something that looks like what you want (some individual parts with piano staff at the bottom). This will save you a lot of time trying to set things up so they work.

How about starting with:
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/Jazz- combo.html#Jazz-combo>

and take out some parts you don't want?

In other words - if you can borrow a good file that looks a bit like what you want, and just put in your own notes and instrument names, it's much easier.

David