Re: Including style files

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Including style files
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:08:35 -0800

On 8-Dec-05, at 6:14 AM, Simon wrote:

I want to create a collection of many short tunes, each one living in a separate lilypond file. For these tunes I want to have a uniform layout which I want to be able to change quickly for all files. So the natural idea is to move the necessary definitions to a separate file, say "tune.ly" and read them with

\include "tune.ly"

Most people call this file "global.ly", but of course it doesn't matter. :)

I think you're approaching this slightly backwards, though. The way to do it is to have one (or more -- I have five[1] different "init" files which I use for every project) file (here called "global.ly"), which you included in the individual tunes.

[1] I have separate files for \layout stuff, \paper stuff, new dynamics, book stuff, and finally a generic file which includes all those other ones (and turns off point-and-click).

---- global.ly:
\version "2.7.15"
\layout{
  indent = 14\mm
  \context { \Score
    \accepts "ChamberGroup"
    skipBars = ##t
    markFormatter = #format-mark-box-letters
\override InstrumentName #'space-alist = #'((left-edge extra-space . 1.0)) autoBeamSettings = #(layout-override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 5 8) 3 8)
}}
----

---- tune1.ly:
\version "2.7.15"