Re: 2 questions concerning skips and dynamics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: 2 questions concerning skips and dynamics
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:50:44 +0100

I would recommend you to first typeset your dynamics in a normal
stave attached to normal notes and make sure that you understand
exactly how they are positioned relative to the notes. Then, you can
simply replace the notes by skips and use them in the Dynamics
context instead. A good starting point, corresponding to what you
now have in your dynamics is:

\relative c'{
\time 2/4
c8\mf c4. \setTextCresc c\< c2 c4\f c\> c4\!
}

The misplaced text version crescendo is just one of several indications
that the template is a quick hack that would need polishing or an
complete redesign to work fully. It's really strange that nobody has
taken the time to revise it, since it apparently is used fairly often.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if the text version crescendi is
handled better by the alternative approach I referenced below.

 /Mats