Re: Hiding Tuplet Numbers / Lyrics and Barlines and the Use of Opus in t

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Hiding Tuplet Numbers / Lyrics and Barlines and the Use of Opus in the header.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:04:32 +0100

Trent Johnston wrote:
My first question is how do you hide a tuplet number ... the old command

\override TupletBracket  #'number-visibility = ##f        does not seem to
work any more. Nor does
\override TupletNumber  #'number-visibility = ##f     .

try TupletNumber #'transparent = ##t

My second question is the "lyrics-bar.ly" in the regression tests doesn't
appear to work any more. I want to make the lyrics stay within the bar.
Especially at the end of a stave where sometimes a lyric can hang past the
barline.

you have to do

        \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"

for the Lyrics context too.

My third question is when using "Opus" in a header. When I use this command
it seems to be repeated at the beginning of each new section when a piece
made up of smaller pieces is joined together.

Yes, that's default behavior. Perhaps we ought to change it, but for now, the easiest is to tune scoreTitleMarkup in the \paper block
see ly/titling-init.ly for inspiration.