Score Layout / Page Breaks etc...

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Score Layout / Page Breaks etc...
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:13:38 +1100

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to pull all the various parts of a score and place them into one score. I've been experimenting with many different ways of putting a file together. The one thing I can't seem to do is make a page break. I've followed (I think -- well it looks right) the manual on combining several pieces to make a large one but the "breakbefore = ##t" command is always ignored. If I compile the example in the manual "10.1.13 Creating titles" and add the \header { breakbefore = ##t} to the second piece it works.

Can anyone help am I overlooking anything?

Currently running Windows XP /  2.7.26

Thanks in advance.

Trent

#(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)

\include "english.ly"

#(set-global-staff-size 16)

\paper { bottommargin = 2\cm
 leftmargin = 2\cm
 raggedbottom = ##f
 raggedlastbottom = ##f
 linewidth = 7\in }

\include "01Movt.ly"
\include "02Movt.ly"
\include "03Movt.ly"
%\include "04Movt.ly"

\book {
 \header {
 title = "Sonata IV"
 composer = "Thomas Arne"
}

\score {
 <<
  \new StaffGroup <<
  \ViolinIa
  \ViolinIIa
  \basfiga \Bassoa

 \midi {
 }
 \header { opus = "Op. 3 No. 2" }
 \layout  {
  \context { \Score \override InstrumentName #'space-alist = #'((left-edge . (extra-space . 6)))}

\score {
 <<
  \new StaffGroup <<
  \ViolinIb