Lilytool broke: any suggestions?

From: Stephen Corey
Subject: Lilytool broke: any suggestions?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:43:16 -0500

Hello all,

I had a wonderful introduction to Lilypond perhaps 6 months ago and
managed to put a full program of choral and instrumental music on for
Christmas, all scored with Lilypond.  I promised myself not to update
anything on Linux until this project was over.  Well, now I've managed to
break Lilytool and it is all I've used so far to put music together and
I'd rather stick with it. It seems like different plugins have version
requirements that are not currently compatible.

Before I forget, let me include that I am using Suse 10.0
on an AMD64 with Lilypond 2.6.3 and Lilytool 2.7, now 2.9.

Briefly:
Lilytool, I think the old name was Lilypondtool, version 2.7 is no longer
on the jEdit website.  Version 2.9 requires jdk 5.0 which I downloaded
from Sun and installed, presumably with no problems.  I had to install
jEdit 4.3 to get the 0.4 Errorlist plugin, apparently none of the
Errorlist versions match to jEdit 4.2final anymore.  All the required
plugins appear to be installed and the plugin manager is fooled at least
initially into believing everything is okay.  But I get a nice list of
errors upon creating an "ly" file and jEdit locks up.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm more interested in getting my work
done than charting new territory.  If anyone can point me to the old 2.7
tool and the appropriate plugin versions, I'd be quite happy to revert to
my prior setup.  And I apologize for posting this on here but this is the
only group I know that relates to Lilytool in any way.  BTW, I love
Lilypond!  And just in case anyone has helpful tips, I'd love to try
Denemo but have never been able to satisfy the build requirements on this
machine.

Thanks,
Stephen Corey

Here is the context of a BeanShell Error window after trying to load
Lilytool again:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
lilytool/parser/LilySideKickParser (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method) at
        java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539) at
        java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:448) at
        org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader._loadClass(JARClassLoader.java:366) at
        org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader.loadClass(JARClassLoader.java:82) at
        java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235) at
        bsh.BshClassManager.plainClassForName(BshClassManager.java:224) at
        bsh.BshClassManager.classForName(BshClassManager.java:170) at
        bsh.NameSpace.classForName(NameSpace.java:1265) at
        bsh.NameSpace.getClassImpl(NameSpace.java:1165) at
        bsh.NameSpace.getClass(NameSpace.java:1106) at
        bsh.Name.consumeNextObjectField(Name.java:301) at
        bsh.Name.toObject(Name.java:202)
        at bsh.BSHAmbiguousName.toObject(BSHAmbiguousName.java:59) at

bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:86)
        at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) at
        bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at
        bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at
        bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641) at
        bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731) at
        bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720) at
        org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:430) at
        org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:394) at

org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager$Descriptor.getInstance(ServiceManager.java:321)
        at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager.getService(ServiceManager.java:264)
at
        sidekick.SideKickPlugin.getParser(SideKickPlugin.java:142) at
        sidekick.SideKickPlugin.getParserForBuffer(SideKickPlugin.java:167) at
        sidekick.SideKick.setParser(SideKick.java:131) at
        sidekick.SideKick.handleMessage(SideKick.java:155) at
        org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditBus.send(EditBus.java:148) at
        org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.addPluginJAR(jEdit.java:1012) at

org.gjt.sp.jedit.pluginmgr.ManagePanel$PluginTableModel.loadPluginJAR(ManagePanel.java:359)
        at

org.gjt.sp.jedit.pluginmgr.ManagePanel$PluginTableModel.setValueAt(ManagePanel.java:281)
        at javax.swing.JTable.setValueAt(JTable.java:1794) at
        javax.swing.JTable.editingStopped(JTable.java:3167) at

javax.swing.AbstractCellEditor.fireEditingStopped(AbstractCellEditor.java:124)
        at

javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor$EditorDelegate.stopCellEditing(DefaultCellEditor.java:329)
        at

javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor.stopCellEditing(DefaultCellEditor.java:214)
        at

javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor$EditorDelegate.actionPerformed(DefaultCellEditor.java:346)
        at
        javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1786)
        at

javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1839)
        at

javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
        at

javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(JToggleButton.java:273)
        at

javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:245)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100) at
        java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:4897) at
        java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1569) at
        java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615) at
        java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627) at
        java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477) at

javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI$MouseInputHandler.repostEvent(BasicTableUI.java:475)
        at

javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(BasicTableUI.java:532)
        at
        java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:232)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100) at
        java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:4897) at
        java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1569) at
        java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615) at
        java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627) at
        java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477) at
        java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483)
at
        java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3198) at
        java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128) at
        java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613) at
        java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1606) at
        java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477) at
        java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:456) at

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
        at

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)