Re: Install 2.7.27 on Linux

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Install 2.7.27 on Linux
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 21:58:15 +0100

John Wiedenhoeft wrote:
Hi all,

could anybody please explain how to install LP 2.7.27 on linux? I was
perfectly happy with the autopackage, this shell-script seems not to
work on my system (I tried right click => execute in shell, a shell
opened, but vanished the next moment, and nothig - at least not lilypond
- was installed).

As was noted by someone, the sh archive erroneously uses tar -xzf iso. tar -xjf for extraction. This will be adressed in the next release

Why not use autopackage anymore?

We have various issues with autopackage, not in the least technical, but most importantly, their development team does not take our complaints in the least bit serious. The fact that it seems impossible to compile autopackage without autopackage itself (ie. it's not possible to cross compile it) was the straw that broke the camel's back.