Re: Music function arguments

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Music function arguments
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:32:22 -0600

On 1/14/06, Fairchild <address@hidden> wrote:
> Trevor -
>
> Interesting thread.  Lily seems to be transitioning from development to
> productization with bug reports drifting from "it doesn't work" to "maybe
> foo would be better."  Congraduations (sic).
>
> Thanks.
>
>                 - Bruce

Thank Jan and Han-Wen and Erik and Graham and everybody ... I'm just
contributing dialog at this point, as opposed to actual work!

But, yes, I agree: there's a lot of refinement afoot and I think it's
going to benefit everybody. That particular thread you were pointing
out from December is interesting because it starts to touch on the
question of "how can we make lily's (input) syntax more uniform and,
thereby, begin to suppress the need to know about program internals in
the input syntax?". And, yet, at the same time, the ability to (for
example) define special contexts is one of the very unique things
about lily that should never disappear from the hands of those users
that want it. So it will be very interesting this year working out
ever easier syntax with ever better features!

--
Trevor Bača