Re: using \include for fret diagrams

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: Re: using \include for fret diagrams
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:57:55 +1100

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:57:38 +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> First of all, using \include is completely equivalent to
> pasting a copy of the included file at the place where you
> have the \include command, so there's nothing magic at all
> with \include.
>
> I guess your real question is how to define a macro for
> a particular fret diagram. You can simply do:
> myfret = \markup \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;"
>
> and use the corresponding macro like
>
> c^\myfret
>
>   /Mats

I have been able to work out fret diagrams within a particular file, but I
was hoping to have a permanent file of fret macros that I could call on
from other lily files using \include.
I know it is possible but, I was wondering if the file I called on in
\include frets.ly is written just the same as other lily files or do they
have special instructions?

Shelagh