Re: score

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: score
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:18:17 +0100

Quoting Paul Scott <address@hidden>:

With printallheaders=##t, you can use the ordinary title or
subtitle fields, otherwise you can redefine how the titles for
each subsequent score is printed, for example by

\paper {
 bookTitleMarkup = \markup {
  \fill-line {
    \fromproperty #'header:piece

which should center the "piece" field if I'm not mistaken.

It may take me a little while to test that and I'm not sure how to use it yet. Will that allow me to have different movement names since \paper applies to the whole ly file?

Just add these lines at the top of your file. It redefines how all the titles are typeset. Here comes one complete example, which also corrects a copy/paste error in the lines I wrote above.

\paper {
 scoreTitleMarkup = \markup {
  \fill-line {
    \fromproperty #'header:piece

\score{
 \relative c'{c d e f}
 \header{piece = "Movement 1" }
}

\score{
 \relative c''{c d e f}
 \header{piece = "Movement 2" }
}

\score{
 \relative c'{c d e f}
 \header{piece = "Movement 3" }
}

Don't worry too much about that the field is called "piece", it
could just as well have been called "movement" or something else.

  /Mats