Re: lyric spacing : "why not follow instructions in manual"

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: lyric spacing : "why not follow instructions in manual"
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:50:05 -0500

On 3/16/06, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, look at the example called "lyric-hyphen-retain.ly" in the
> Regression tests document.

Thank you! This does work:

\layout {
    \context {
      \Lyrics
      \override LyricSpace #'minimum-distance = #0.6

Might I suggest using this (or a parallel method) in the manual rather
than the global padding option?

I'm also concerned that 0 is the default value for this, as seems to
be the case. It seems to me to place an unnecessary obstacle between a
relative newbie and a good-looking score. Is there some reason why the
default value shouldn't be set higher?

Geoff