Re: What to use to edit output after the fact?

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: What to use to edit output after the fact?
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:17:01 -0400

Hi, Doug:

Does Lilypond output "standard" postscript?

Can't answer that, but I have the same frustrations as you, so I'd love to know that answer as well... =)

Is there a better program to edit the output files with?

Not that I know of. However, if you run the Lilypond-generated ps (or, possibly, pdf) through ps2ps (I use Terminal to do this), then the resulting "optimized" PostScript is completely editable in Illustrator.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.