Re: Extraneous Text Notation Placement (Verse, Chorus, Bridge, etc.)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Extraneous Text Notation Placement (Verse, Chorus, Bridge, etc.)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:22:40 +0200

Then I propose to use a text markup:
\mark "Pre-Chorus"
which will appear on the top of each score line.

 /Mats

bryan murdaugh wrote:

I've looked through some pieces of music that I have lying around in several books, and it looks like most of THESE types of annotation (verse, chorus, bridge, whatever) get shoved above the chord line and to the left (basically lined up with the staves instead of the notes). Is there a way for me to move it with formatting or will it just keep forcing the chord line further and further from the staves?

You're doing a great job, Mats - thanks for your continued support!

Bryan

On 4/21/06, *Mats Bengtsson* < address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    bryan murdaugh wrote:

    > I didn't realize the text annotaion was that simple.  I've still
    got a
    > slight cluttering issue, however.  Here's the entire markup, chords
    > and all.  The problem is that my chord line is being separated from
    > the staves....

    Yes, otherwise it would overwrite the text annotation.
    What would you prefer to move to avoid the collision?

       /Mats

--
Bryan Murdaugh
803.553.3011