Re: Several midifiles together

From: Gilles Sadowski
Subject: Re: Several midifiles together
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:00:30 +0200

Hi.

> After reading in the list, I have built a template for put several
> midifiles in one file .mid

I was once looking for a tool to concatenate the files that lilypond
generates from several \score blocks.
What you propose is *not* that.  You just put everything in a single
\score, and of course you get a single midi file, loosing in the way
the purpose of using several \score (e.g. different headers for
different movements).

> (see below)
> Is it possible, in a similar way, ie. with the identifiers upperun,
> upperdeux ...
> and then score, to make a template for the layout ? (with indent for the
> first system
> of each piece, for instance)
> I know an another way for make it, but, to my limited knowledge, the
> typesetting for files is different
> and I must treat the issues with separate files where copy and paste
> aren't so easy.

What I'm using is a template for the full score, and another for the
separate parts, each including the files containing the actual music.
This *avoids* copy/paste.

> Otherwise, I don't find good solutions for layout with this template.
> Is it possible ? Any help ?

Well, I don't think I understand what you are asking :-{
But if you want to have a look at my files, you are welcome.

> (Please, tell me if it run for you)

When you provide a code snippet, you should make sure that it contains
valid syntax, so that one doesn't have to fiddle to make it compile.

Best regards,
Gilles