Re: Several midifiles together

From: philippe hezaine
Subject: Re: Several midifiles together
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:40:21 +0200

Hi.

After reading in the list, I have built a template for put several midifiles in one file .mid

I was once looking for a tool to concatenate the files that lilypond
generates from several \score blocks.
What you propose is *not* that.  You just put everything in a single
\score, and of course you get a single midi file, loosing in the way
the purpose of using several \score (e.g. different headers for
different movements).

(see below)
Is it possible, in a similar way, ie. with the identifiers upperun, upperdeux ... and then score, to make a template for the layout ? (with indent for the first system
of each piece, for instance)
I know an another way for make it, but, to my limited knowledge, the typesetting for files is different and I must treat the issues with separate files where copy and paste aren't so easy.

What I'm using is a template for the full score, and another for the
separate parts, each including the files containing the actual music.
This *avoids* copy/paste.

Otherwise, I don't find good solutions for layout with this template.
Is it possible ? Any help ?

Well, I don't think I understand what you are asking :-{
But if you want to have a look at my files, you are welcome.

(Please, tell me if it run for you)

When you provide a code snippet, you should make sure that it contains
valid syntax, so that one doesn't have to fiddle to make it compile.

Hmm...
Of course, it run for me. It's a valid syntax. I've tested it with
several little pieces for piano. I'm in the following situation :
I has typeset, a few months ago, 17 Valses sentimentales de Schubert
(there are 34 for the whole), each in a separate file. There are little
piano pieces in chains (not orchestral parts) of about 16, 24 or 32
measures and i'm asking me if i can concatenate 2, 3 or 4 files (or
more) in only one with also only one midifile. With this template, i'm
succesfull in doing that. That's the reason why i'm asking somebody the
way. I'm afraid i'm loosing the purpose of using different headers, and
so, especially indent for N°1, N°2, N°3 ... etc .
Perhaps the workaround is to use markups instead.
Do you think is right ?

Best regards,
Phil