Re: Which frontend?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Which frontend?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:56:30 -0400

    EO> Which frontends do yo all use for lilypond? Here's the ones I've tried
out so
    EO> far, with my experiences - some bad, some good:

I have most often used ABC for the initial note entry, and then edit
the abc2ly lilypond output if it needs it with the emacs lilypond mode.

Recently I acquired a USB MIDI keyboard, so for that I'm using a
program called midi-input that takes the MIDI keyboard notes and
writes them as lilypond notes into an emacs buffer.  I'm not yet as
fast and error-free at that as I am at typing ABC, but the method does
show promise.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139