Re: Which frontend?

From: Stefan Hackl
Subject: Re: Which frontend?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:57:13 +0200

Hello,

I also tried several possibilities for input. I came to Noteedit and emacs.
Noteedit helps me entering the notes and creates a basic output file for
lilypond. Try the newest SVN Version of Noteedit, lilypond export was
improved and very soon a "direct-printing" option will be available (see
Noteedit developers list).
I also head problems using jedit on linux. With Windows XP jedit works
perfectly.
But since I got some experience on Emacs I don't want to miss Emacs anymore. I
open my ly-file created by Noteedit and to add details like fingering, Text
markups, page layout etc.

For me combining a gui with a powerful editor is the best way. And emacs needs
some time because many options are not common (especially keyboard shortcuts)
but in my opinion it is worth getting known to it.

Greetings from Germany

Stefan