Re: more "programming errors"

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: more "programming errors"
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:41:19 +0200

Actually, I think the programmer who did the error was you!
The error message probably refers to the fact that the space-alist entry doesn't have all the necessary information that it usually has. Of course the formulation reveals that
whoever wrote it didn't expect too many users to modify this
setting themselves.

  /Mats

Quoting Kieren Richard MacMillan <address@hidden>:

[ Lilypond 2.8.1 ]

Hello, all --

I'm engraving my current score with "modern time signature placement", as demonstrated in
        http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/input/test/lily-1567200886.ly

It's working great! (Many thanks to the T&T and docs authors!)

However, I'd like to get the first note of the bars with a time signature change to be closer to the beginning of the measure, and the code I'm using makes the score *look* great, but I'm getting

        programming error: No spacing entry from TimeSignature to `right-edge'
        continuing, cross fingers

Just wanted someone to know! Is this a bug I should copy to lilypond- bug?

Thanks,
Kieren.

________________________

\version "2.8.1"

\layout{
  \context {
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \name "TimeSig"
    \override TimeSignature #'font-size = #2
  }
  \context {
    \Score \accepts TimeSig
  }
  \context { \Staff
    \override TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t

\relative
<<
        \new TimeSig { \skip 4 * 26 }
        \new Staff
        {
                \time 2/4 c4 c \time 3/4 c2 c4 \time 4/4 c2 c4 c c c c c \break
\override Score.TimeSignature #'space-alist = #'((first-note fixed- space . -2.0))
                \time 2/4 c4 c \time 3/4 c2 c4 \time 4/4 c2 c4 c c c c c